The Indian NSE Stock market gained momentum for the third consecutive session on Tuesday, led by banks, on speculation that the RBI may cut rates in credit policy that is schedule to be announced on April 17. Even oil & gas and metals stocks added more gains. The market shed some gains in the last hour of trade due to moderate profit booking in European markets after yesterday's rally. More Information about NSE Stock Market visit the site stock-market-expert-tips.blogspot.com
• The Sensex closed at 17597.4 up 199.3 points or 0.7% and the Nifty ended at 5358.5, up 40.6 points or 0.8%. Broad market indices too ended in the positive as the BSE Mid Cap and Small Cap indices gained 1% and 1.1% respectively.
• Market breadth was positive, as the A/D ratio was 1.76:1 on the BSE.
• NSE cash turnover stood at Rs. 10574 cr. vs. Rs. 9254 cr. in the previous session.
• As per the provisional figures on Tuesday, FIIs were net buyers of Rs. 332 crores in the cash
market, while they were net buyers of Rs. 931 crores in the F&O market. DIIs were net buyers of Rs.
200 crores in the cash market.
• All the metals ended in the green with Nickel gaining 2.6% while Copper rose by 1.2%. Zinc and Aluminium ended higher by 1% and 0.2% respectively.
• Oil for May delivery slipped $1.04 to $104.19 a barrel.
• Gold futures for April delivery fell $33.10 to $1,646.90 an ounce.